DR. VICTORIA BRIONES graduated with a Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University. While completing her graduate studies, she taught applied regression analysis to graduate students in education and psychology. Students enjoyed her regression course because she was able to translate complex statistical concepts into a language that the”stats phobic” students could easily understand. Victoria was also an assistant lecturer in research methods (and received the highest mean evaluation for teaching performance). After graduating, she was a research fellow at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. As a fellow, she conducted statistical analyses and wrote articles on negotiation behavior and conflict resolution with her former dissertation adviser.
In the last two years, Victoria has worked as a statistical consultant, helping graduate students in psychology, education, nursing, biology, and business hone their study hypotheses, arrive at better operational definitions of their study variables, and improve procedures to increase the internal and/or external validity of their study. She also performed general statistical procedures such as reliability analyses, non-parametric tests (e.g., Mann-Whitney, Kruskal-Wallis, and chi-square tests), t-tests, analysis of variance (ANOVA), analysis of covariance (ANCOVA), exploratory factor analysis (EFA), and linear regression. Further, she conducted multivariate tests such as multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA), logistic regression, and structural equation modeling (SEM; using AMOS, LISREL, and EQS). Victoria also created summary tables and graphs of statistical findings and helped students interpret their study results. More importantly, she enjoyed explaining basic statistical procedures and findings to clients who had a limited understanding of such concepts.
Research methods, reliability analyses, t-tests, ANOVA, repeated-measures ANOVA, ANCOVA, exploratory and confirmatory factor analyses, multiple linear regression, logistic regression, MANOVA, structural equation modeling (AMOS, LISREL, and EQS), SPSS, psychology research methods, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Evaluated and edited methodology sections for dissertations.
- Conducted general statistical procedures such as t-tests, analysis of variance, analysis of covariance, and linear regression. Conducted higher level statistical tests such as multivariate analysis of variance, logistic regression, hierarchical linear modeling, and structural equation modeling (using AMOS, LISREL, and EQS). Summarized, interpreted, and explained findings to clients who had a limited understanding of statistical procedures.
Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government, Massachusetts.
- Wrote negotiation-related articles for conferences and journals.
- Conducted statistical analyses for studies on multi-rater feedback on negotiation behavior. Summarized findings from resulting analyses.
Columbia University’s Teachers College, New York.
Lecturer for Applied Regression Course – Dept. of Statistics and Measurement.
- Designed and taught a graduate level applied regression course.
- Developed SPSS-based exercises to facilitate students’ learning of the regression program. Constructed several instruments to assess students’ learning and comprehension of regression concepts. Assistant Lecturer for Research Methods Course – Dept. of Organization and Leadership.
- Designed a data interpretation instrument to assess students’ understanding of basic experimental concepts.
- Developed and implemented several group exercises to facilitate students’ application of basic concepts to actual research cases. Received the highest mean evaluation rating (among a group of 7) for teaching performance.
Columbia University’s Teachers College, New York.
Organizational Development Consultant – Dept. of Organization and Leadership.
- Developed an interview protocol and conducted interviews to assess an international medical manufacturing firm’s general functioning. Offered diagnoses and suggested strategic changes to help the manufacturing firm achieve its goals and objectives.
Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business, New York.
Organizational Development Consultant
- Summarized results from several focus group sessions and offered diagnoses to a group of top executives at a publishing company.
- Developed tools to help top management prioritize its myriad of problems and to develop a specific action plan to deal with their problems. Designed a proposal to improve customer service within the company.
Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City, Philippines.
Instructor – Department of Psychology.
- Published an article, “Political Psychology in the Philippines” in the journal Political Psychology.
- Designed and taught a Cognitive Psychology course at the graduate level and Experimental Psychology, History of Psychology, and General Psychology courses at the undergraduate level.
Columbia University, New York, NY.
M.A. in Organizational Psychology, May 1995.
Ph.D. in Social-Organizational Psychology, May 2001.
Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.
B.S. in Psychology, 1985.
“Victoria was incredibly responsive and helpful, clearly explaining what we needed to do and what she did for us. She was fantastic.” – Steve Rouse
“Victoria was so helpful. She responded quickly to all of my questions. For example, she assisted me with responding to an IRB question requesting a formal power analysis. With Victoria’s help, I had approval to proceed with my data collection in a matter of hours after I submitted my response.” (On file with Network Coordinator)
“She is the best stat consultant. I could not finish my dissertation without her. She is available almost 24 hours and responded to all of my questions. She returned my work so quickly. Her explanation was always clear and accurate even though I am not good at stat. She is so patient for explaining every detail stat question. She is amazing!” —(Contact information on request)
“Victoria was very knowledgeable and was able to help me with all of my statistical needs in a timely, efficient manner. I was very satisfied with her services.” —(Contact information on request)
“Victoria was very professional and prompt in her service delivery. She had a command of the updated literature. I was very comfortable that she knew the current trends in the statistics I needed to use for my dissertation. She was extremely thorough and answered all of my questions in language I could comprehend. I would recommend Victoria to any graduate students who need help with advanced statistics for their projects.” —(Contact information on request)
“Service received: Dissertation Statistical Analysis. I found the timely completion of analyses and quick responses to my questions to be most valuable. I was amazed at how quickly the project was completed. The consultant was also very willing to answer my detailed questions and provide me with additional copies of the output files.” —Student, Indiana University of PA (contact information on request)
“She was wonderful. I was having difficulty putting all the information together and she just cleared things up for me. My stress level has definitely gotten better!” —Jonda Hennosy