WRITING AN ABSTRACT FOR YOUR
An abstract is a brief summary of the content of a thesis, dissertation, capstone project, or journal article. Dissertation abstracting services require it to be written in 350 words or less. The content comprises four sections, usually written as one long paragraph:
1. The gap in the knowledge and purpose of the study.
2. Details of the methodology, including the research design, sample population, and procedure.
3. Findings as they relate to the gap in the knowledge.
4. Conclusions and/or recommendations.Some institutions require a partial abstract to be submitted with the proposal to do research, which includes only items 1 and 2 from the above list.
Latest posts by Network Coordinator (see all)
- Steps in Writing a Science Thesis or Science Dissertation - December 23, 2017
- Dissertation Advice – Surviving a Bad Thesis or Dissertation Advisor - December 22, 2017
- How To Be the CEO Of Your Dissertation – Selecting Your Dissertation Advisor and Composing the Dissertation Committee - December 19, 2017